2017 Event Check In
Check in starts FRIDAY, April 28th at 1p at the PUB, (Pop Up Bookstore), 160 W Main St.- It is a literal pop up bookstore, we we able to use an empty storefront to convert for the weekend. it is close to Jarrod's Coffee, Tea and Gallery.
YOU ARE ABLE TO REGISTER AT THE DOOR.
Welcome to Cirque du Livre.
And a whole bunch more.
For years, there has been underlying sentiment as to why the Writing Conferences that had been so prevalent in Phoenix had vanished. Certainly it couldn't be demand, people still wanted to learn how to improve their writing. Certainly it wasn't the idea of having to attend an event- in many ways, conventions that were not necessarily writer-focused have tried to fill the gaps.
Well, regardless of the reason, we gave it a go for the first time in May 2016. We didn't have a cool conference center or a snazzy college campus. We have something better- a small feel downtown with big town amenities. We took advantage of that, drawing our inspiration from the small town film festivals, where sessions are anywhere and everywhere that will hold a screen.
We did it in 2016- and people loved it. Because it was about the writing, the comraderie, the unique surroundings.
Our 2016 Event had:
- Over 60 Panels and signings designed to give you the power to improve your writing, be it fiction, non-fiction or poetry.
- A crowd of people doing what you do. Talk to them, learn from them. Even empart some knowledge to others.
- Speed Date With A Publisher- Attendees got a chance to sit with a publisher and have your work considered for publication.
- Win an award? submit your book for the upcoming CDL Awards, and take the stage as a winner!
- Film Festival, watch film inspired by books!
- There's really a lot more than we can post here...
So, join us in 2017. Make this event something of your own. We look forward to meeting you.
Cirque de Livre Writer's Conference
April 28-30, 2017
Downtown Mesa, AZ